Sufficient technology and Internet access is required to complete online classes. The basic technology requirements for online students is outlined below. Note: Even if students are not taking online classes, access to a computer and the internet is required to access information about your student’s courses and progress through the Bridgeway Learning Center.
Basic Technical Requirements:
- PC or Mac: Standard laptops or desktops are supported
- Smart phones and tablets (including iPads) are not fully supported.
- Our website and learning center are mobile friendly, but not all of our learning content is compatible with iPads and other mobile devices.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Newer; Mac OS X
- High speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- “Tethered” wi-fi hotspots (cellular) or satellite Internet may be unsatisfactory
- Supported browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone, Placement testing for Grades K-3 require speakers and a microphone.
- We recommend (and courses may require) the latest versions of:
Students will need a program to create and edit documents online. The standard for this is Microsoft Office. *It is not necessary to purchase a program if you don’t already have it; free alternatives such as OpenOffice or Google docs can be used.